NACC is looking for a Staff Attorney
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Posted by: Taylor Stockdell
NACC is expanding its training and advocacy efforts and seeks a motivated and highly organized full-time Staff Attorney to join our team. The staff attorney will be supervised by the Senior Staff Attorney and will be responsible for managing NACC’s national legal training program. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to work as part of a growing, dynamic nonprofit advocacy organization committed to improving legal representation for children and families. Primary Staff Attorney duties will include:
(1) Managing NACC’s national legal training program;
(2) Developing and delivering legal trainings for national and statewide stakeholders;
(3) Cultivating relationships with child welfare professionals across the country;
(4) Growing NACC’s program areas to reach a greater population of child welfare, juvenile justice, and private custody professionals; and
(5) Providing administrative support to program areas, as needed.
To be eligible for the Staff Attorney position, applicants must have:
(1) A license to practice law in a jurisdiction within the United States;
(2) A good standing status within the jurisdiction of licensure;
(3) Experience teaching and developing training curricula;
(4) Experience directly representing children, parents, or the agency in dependency, delinquency, or family court systems;
(5) Experience managing large grants, contracts, and budgets;
(6) A personal and professional commitment to the rights of children and families; and
(7) Motivation to expand NACC’s legal training program.
Although not required, the following qualifications are preferred:
(1) An undergraduate or graduate degree in education;
(2) Evidence of excellent performance in law school; or
(3) Experience working with Court Improvement Programs;
(4) Certification as a Child Welfare Law Specialist.
The National Association of Counsel for Children (NACC) is a non-profit child advocacy and professional membership association. The NACC is dedicated to providing high quality legal representation for children. Our mission is to improve the lives of children and families through legal advocacy.
Founded in 1977, NACC is located in the Kempe Center on the campus of Children's Hospital Colorado in Denver, Colorado. NACC is a multidisciplinary organization with over 2,000 members representing all 50 states and several foreign countries. NACC membership is comprised primarily of attorneys and judges, although the fields of medicine, social work, mental health, education, and law enforcement are also represented.
NACC provides training and technical assistance to attorneys and other professionals, serves as a public and professional information referral center, and engages in public policy and legislative advocacy and works to improve the child welfare, juvenile justice and private custody systems.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to the address below, or e-mail application materials to NACC’s Senior Staff Attorney, Andrew Yost, at email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on November 13, 2015.
National Association of Counsel for Children
13123 E. 16th Ave., B390
Aurora, CO 80045
NACC is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.